Dr. Franco Vigna has earned his reputation as an outstanding American doctor in spinal care, according to the Consumers’ Research Council of America, 2009. Dr. Vigna traveled abroad to study and share information on cervical and lumbar spine surgery prior to the procedures being approved in the United States. He has brought that knowledge and expertise of these latest procedures back to the U.S. to share with his patients. Patients, in turn, have traveled from as far as Alaska to take advantage of his skill and expertise.
Dr. Vigna is affiliated with multiple area hospitals in WNY. He is fellowship trained in spinal surgery at the Maryland Spinal Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship. He has been involved in FDA studies for cervical and lumbar disk replacement devices, and is the author of peer review articles in numerous industry publications. Dr. Vigna has also served as chairman and member of the faculty for multiple spinal surgery courses throughout the nation.
- Tulane University School of Medicine
- Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Tufts University
- State University of New York Health and Science Center at Brooklyn
Spine Surgery Fellowship
- Maryland Spinal Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship
- NuVasive Luiz Pimenta Fellowship
- Awarded fellowship to work with Luiz Pimenta, M.D., in Brazil. Emphasis on cervical and lumbar disc replacement and minimally invasive spine surgery before these procedures were approved in the United States.
- Board certified in orthopaedic surgery
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Dr. Vigna is affiliated with multiple hospitals in WNY and east of Rochester
Prior to becoming a Physician Assistant, Dustin was an EMT and a paramedic. He utilizes all his experience, real world and classroom, to provide Dr. Vigna with strong support and to help set the highest standard of care for Spine Surgery of Buffalo Niagara.
- Graduate of D’Youville College with a Bachelor of Science in Physician Assistant
- Joined the practice in 2009
- Prior experience includes working at Buffalo Mercy, St. Joe’s Hospital, Kenmore Mercy, ECMC and WNY Immediate Care
Working with Spine Surgery of Buffalo Niagara since it opened in 2004, Lori brings years of expertise as an office manager and an OR Tech, helping put each and every patient at ease.
- Served in the armed services as an OR Tech
Calling on her former experience as a travel agent, Kim guides clients through the health care process and makes sure that their experience is always a positive one.
Having received training in medical office practice, coding and medical terminology from
Bryant & Stratton, Cheryl manages billing for the office with a high level of professional expertise.
Jane started as a medical coordinator on the hospital side for 15 years, until a number of doctors asked her to work in private practice where she has been since 1983. Jane has been a certified coder since 2004 and sets a high standard for coding and billing for the office.